Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ReDo



After reflecting about my last blog (and I am tempted to delete it but I won't because the emotions I expressed are real), I'm bothered. I hate putting negative blogs out there although honestly it's way easier to list the negative aspects of the day when I think about what my kid does NOT do than to reach deep down and find the positive.

BUT, after watching a really sad "Law and Order" about a mother who left her disabled son to seize to death by withholding meds thinking it'd be better for him to die than to suffer (I swear I saw that episode YEARS ago and it didn't quite have the impact it does today) and a glass of wine (::wink::) I decided to pull up my boot straps, thank my lucky stars and God for my beautiful little boy and the Ketogenic Diet, and really reach deep down and find something positive and progressive about Noah's development.

His refusal for food is a development! He just isn't as passive as he used to be and he doesn't quite know how to express himself or assert control over himself or his life. So he is rebelling in a really bad way! I wish he would rebel by crawling out of the room, but you take what you can get. :)

So I've snapped some new pics of the little man. Boy, he's growing like a weed. Hopefully he will start getting some control of his body so he can help out his poor mama's back! Enjoy!






7 comments:

  1. Wow 2 posts in as many day, I love it! I admire your honesty in your blogs and this is certainly the place for you to get some support and... we want to support you, Todd and Noah! You are all doing such great work! I love the pics! Especially the sleeping one. Now that is SLEEPING, Unless he got ahold of the wine! I think I need some of that!Thanks so much for sharing your life with all of us, it's a blessing to be a part of it!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god he's so cute! I can't wait to meet him! Our trip is still on, we'll be in lake city July 23-26, staying in a little cabin on gunnison ave (me and the girls, sam has to work, and I might bring my friend Didi and her little girl evy so sophie is not such a pest). I can't wait to see you, sweetie. You are SUPERMOM!!! xoxoxoxo love you Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! Can't wait to see you guys :)
    Love, C & H

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello (((())))) sorry for lack of comments recently, ive been a very bad blogger!
    glad we are able to keep in touch through fb too though.

    well, i have to say tricia, i know he's been poorly, but ....he's looking really well. He really is growing. our babies are not really babies now are they? :O(

    much love
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps: BRILLIANT STANDING NOAH !!!! what a clever boy :O)
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. xoxoxo Can't wait to see ya'll!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really glad you stopped by and said hi!

    ...and to think I inspired you in any way...well that makes me feel good, cuz sometimes I feel like all I do is whine and complain about the struggles. It is easy for me to get in that "rut" never thought I would actually encourage someone...:) thanks for the smile!

    So, I know the fear and uneasy-queasy feeling of leaving home and all that is safe. I know the work that goes into preparing. Now almost a week after we left WA I am starting to "unwind" and realize I didn't forget anything and Hudson is surviving....in fact he is doing amazingly well!

    Trust God in your upcoming adventure, take some deep breaths, and try to enjoy friends and family...and let them give you a "break!"

    I look forward in following you and your precious boy...I am so sorry he is having seizures...have they been controlled with the keto diet?
    I can see in his eyes, he is a warrior and a strong fighter...beautiful boy!

    ReplyDelete