Monday, November 16, 2009

Deep Breaths...

I am such an instant gratification kind of a girl.  Patience is not my virtue (what I do have is devoted to my little man and thankfully that supply is endless when it comes to him).  All I have to do is take a deep breath and look into those baby blues and I'm overwhelmed with love and a sense of purpose.  It doesn't always happen quite as quickly as I'd like (that sense of calm and refocus).  There have been times when a mini (okay, who am I kidding?  more like gigantic) tantrum had to be thrown in the closet (so happy I have a huge closet) before I could regroup. I'm not proud of my temper but I am human and sometimes it gets to be a little much.  

So this diet can take up to three months to work (if it's going to). That's a long time to anticipate, worry, wait, and hope.  It's also a long time to keep hopes high only to be disappointed and be sent back to square one.  

I'm still seeing seizures.  No instant fix here!

But I will report that these past couple of days have been atypical.  By that I mean taking care of Noah has been a breeze.  There's a little more paperwork involved but overall it's been strangely calm around here.  It's almost unnerving.  I'm, of course, waiting for the other shoe to drop 'cause it seems like it always does.   I have been a little more relaxed and found myself to actually be a little happy.  Feeds have gone down a little faster and I haven't seen as many coming right back up to taunt me and drive me insane.  Also, he cried yesterday and today.  Normally he doesn't cry at all(most wouldn't complain about this but it's VERY unnatural to have a child who doesn't cry).  Now I just have to figure out what he wants!  Passive baby no more?Opinionated baby?  Maybe...  Wouldn't that be nice?  Possibly a personality coming through the seizure haze?




7 comments:

  1. You do have a kick-ass closet! I'm glad your back home and can sorta relax. So glad Mom and Dad are on their way soon. How bout those Colts!!!! Loved it. Hope things change for the good and the diet works. Sending lots of love and kisses your way!!! Love Ya Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed - the closet is huge :)) I enjoyed reading that you are seeing some changes and having happy feelings!!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any and all progress is good. I am sending a link (on FB) to help you understand Noah's "language". I hope it helps. Love to you always!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you guys & keep you in our prayers. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope things continue moving towards happiness! Lord knows, you guys all need some time to refresh!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...I have a can of KetoCal 3:1...it's yours if you want it!


    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoo! Wahoo!. So happy so happy. Happy things (fingers crossed) might be working. Happy Noah must be feeling a little better with less spit up. Happy you are feeling happy. Happy your mom and dad are coming soo. Oh I can't wait to see you guys. I can see it coming, way way far off on the horizon, but now I can see it!

    ReplyDelete