Monday, December 28, 2009

Reality Check

As upbeat as I try to be (I know it's not obvious to most of you but I do have my moments and I do put my game face on in person) there's always something lurking in the back of my mind.  

It's a reality I don't let myself quite grasp.

At the forefront of this affliction that has incapacitated my son is the obvious:

He doesn't develop.  He seizes a lot.  He's not well and he's not "right".  

It's not good.

But you (as a parent) don't let yourself actually realize how not good this whole ordeal really is. It isn't until someone else posts a blog and you follow the link because you are simply curious.  You want to read about other families that have to endure all of this so you don't feel so alone in this fight.  

So I did.  I followed the link.  I read the article.  

And I got a reality check.





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I think we can all use some perspective sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That article definitely adjusted my paradyme. It doesn't take away from the challenges we face each day, but I am grateful each day to be able to cuddle my girl. Hang in there-we are rooting for you and Noah.
    Christina
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kirarose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. That's was a tough one to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that article was just heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete