Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Ya take the good, ya take the bad, ya take them both...

There should be musical notes coming off my computer as the "Facts of Life" theme song plays in my head.  

I should be really excited.  I should be jumping up and down.  But you have to realize what happens today may not happen again for a long long time.  

So, here's the news:

Today Noah ate. Really ate.  

A whole Tbsp. of cereal and his formula.  

I'm wowed!  This is a big deal for us!

But I feel nervous and this is why:

We had Noah's yearly evaluation for Early Intervention today.  They assess him and determine how delayed he is.  As we are answering questions about his behavior, I'm realizing  there are things Noah did that he doesn't do anymore.  He used to hold up his head, push up when on his belly, cry, and smile.  He doesn't really do any of that anymore.  So, I guess I'm a little less excitable than I used to be because who knows if it'll last.  

Sheer pessimism!  

Seizures will do that to a girl (or a boy).  It's been a bad day of seizures.  Lots of long ones.
Many causing tears and cries I cannot console no matter what I do.  It's painful to watch.

Yes folks, today the glass is half empty.  

We'll hope tomorrow the glass is full!  :)

1 comment: